Foundation Course in Jewellery
- Foundation Course for Jewellery
- Basic Jewellery Designing at IIGJ-TARDEO
Course Name : Foundation Course for Jewellery
Duration : 120 Hrs
Entry Qualification : Minimum 8th Std.
· Object Drawing according to light source and shading.
· Basic Perspective Drawing
· Nature drawing (Demonstration and Practice)
· Colour theory (Demonstration and Practice)
· General Anatomy of Birds, Animals (Demonstration and Practice)
· Drawing geometrical constructions with measurements such as Parallel lines, Perpendicular lines, Bisectiing angles, Triangle, Square, Hexagon etc.
· Geometrical designs (Demonstration and Practice)
· Design from Natural elements (Demonstration and Practice)
· Soldering practice (Demonstration and Practice) copper band making project
· Piercing technique (Demonstration and Practice) 1 project
· Engraving Practice, use of only one graver
· Basics of Metallurgy
· Difference between Metals and Non-metals
· Properties of Metals used in the jewellery like Hardness, Ductility, and Malleability etc.
· Tools used in the jewellery and their usage
· Safety measures taken while making jewellery like for Torch using Chemicals etc.
· Dimensions used in the jewellery
· What is Soldering?
· Practical considerations during soldering
· Introduction for different stones used in the jewellery and its cuts and shapes
· How t melt the Metals
· Necessity for Alloying?
· Rolling mill (operation and use)
· Wire Drawing machine (operation and use)
· Use of files
· What is polishing and necessity for polishing.
COURSE CONTENTS FOR BASIC JEWELLERY DESIGN (120 hrs )
· Introduction to jewellery designing
· Diamond theory
· Different type of gemstones
· Types of metal and materials used in jewellery
· Different type of settings
· Jewellery manufacturing techniques
· Introduction to linkings
· Form development and design application
· Different type of jewellery products
· History of jewellery
· Designing jewellery according to markets
· Portfolio making